Personal WholeHealth Care on Lake Banook.
Professionals here to help.
Our clinic is a safe place for rehab, prevention, and connection. Our professions can address your needs in sport and in everyday activity.
Explore what we have to offer
Our Physiotherapists are Movement Optimists. Your movement is our mission. Providing unique one on one care, our therapists take the time to know you and your goals. Working with the client, we will identify strengths and barriers, solutions and strategies to guide you to wholehealthedness. strength, coordination and endurance. Whether overcoming an injury, planning your next adventure, or seeking recovery strategies as you train, we got you.
Pelvic health physiotherapy is a service we offer. Our therapist has advanced training in pelvic health as well as post-graduate training in transgender and gender diverse care. Pelvic health is inclusive to all genders and bodies. Some reasons you may want to see a pelvic health physiotherapist include:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain with intercourse
- Abdominal separation (diastais recti)
- Athletic pelvic/groin injuries
- Low back pain/SI pain
- Binding side effects which may include, but are not limited to; shoulder pain, numbness, back pain, neck pain, postural changes.
- Side effects from packing and tucking.
- Decreased body awareness.
- Chronic prostatitis
- Prostate cancer prehab and postsurgical rehab
- Pre and post-operative care, including but not limited to: hysterectomy, cesarean section, top and bottom surgery as well as gender reaffirming surgery
Physiotherapy Initial Assessment and Treatment 100.00 (HST exempt)
Physiotherapy Treatment 110.00 (HST exempt)
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Assessment 140.00
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Treatement 130.00
*Please note: For specialized time, assessment, and treatment requirements ie Motor Vehicle Collision care fees may vary
Registered Massage Therapy
Massage is a manual technique used to reduce muscle tension, stiffness, and spasms as well as promote circulation, range of motion, and flexibility. Reduction of pain due to muscle tension is common through massage. Focus will be based on the clients’ individual goals.
Registered Massage Therapy (One Hour Booking) 100.00 Plus HST= 115.00
Manual Lymph Drainage
This is a gentle, non-invasive manual technique that has a powerful effect on the body. Research in Australia, Europe and North America has proven its efficacy as a stand-alone treatment and in combination with other therapies. Developed in France in 1932 by Emil and Estrid Vodder MLD has grown to be the most well known manual technique to assist lymph flow and aid in drainage of tissues. MLD is used in a variety of conditions including Primary and Secondary Lymphedema, Lipdedema, post surgical swelling, hematomas and many other conditions that involve swelling. It is also beneficial for athletes and overall wellness. Techniques are applied with minimal pressure to the body to encourage more efficient return of fluid from the affected area.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Assessment and Treatment 150.00 (HST included)
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Treatment 125.00 (HST included)
Hands on manual therapy including craniosacral, muscle energy, myofascial release, joint mobilizations and other soft tissue techniques to help active individuals maintain optimal health.
Manual Osteopathy Assessment and Treatment 125.00 (HST Exempt)
Dieticians strive to take the most recent research on nutrition and interpret it into something that we can all understand. We work to support you to embrace food in a manner that is tailored to your needs and goals. We love food and we want you to as well. Our perspective on nutrition is realistic and relaxed with a focus on respecting your body by listening to what it has to say.
Initial Dietitian Consultation $100 (HST exempt)
1 Hour Follow Up $80 (HST exempt)
30 Minute Follow Up $60 (HST exempt)
Personalized Meal Plan and Nutrition Session $150 (HST exempt)
Concussions can occur in sports and in everyday life. These injuries have a variety of symptoms including headache, dizziness, “fogginess”, difficulty concentrating, neck pain, and nausea which can last from day to years.
Our practitioners, in collaboration with a family physician or sport medicine team, can help optimize recovery through:
- Education : discussion and resources on what to expect, symptoms clarification, approximate recovery timelines.
- Return to sport/school guidance : Progressive and personalized mental/physical conditioning.
- Exercise: Personalized Balance, Visual, Vestibular, or Neck/Back depending on symptoms
- Manual techniques – Craniosacral (osteopathic) and Cervical (physiotherapy) with neck involvement.
We work with clients of all backgrounds and stages of recovery. We’re confident that a personalized, experienced approach can help you as well.
Here are the Return to Learn and Return to Sport guidelines provided by the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (2018) – Source
A Certified Athletic Therapist uses manual and active techniques with a sport specific approach to provide clients injury rehabilitation, specific conditioning, and training support.
Athletic Therapy Assessment and Treatment 125.00 (plus HST)
What is Acupuncture?
While providing treatments using Traditional Chinese Medicine, practitioners focus their efforts around the idea that the body’s flow of energy called qi (pronounced as “chi”) is responsible for a person’s overall health and wellbeing. If there is a disruption or imbalance of Qi flow in the body, it can cause pain and/or illness both physically and mentally. Acupuncture works by inserting extremely thin needles into the body to stimulate different acupuncture points on various channels, known as meridians, to create a balance of Qi flow. When Qi is balanced and allowing a smooth flow, painful conditions or illness can decrease.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine aims to treat from a holistic approach. We look at many occurrences going on in the body to find the source of discomfort while also treating the symptoms. It’s a relatively painless and minimally invasive technique to stimulate nerves, muscles and tissues of the body. Studies have shown that acupuncture can regulate the central nervous system, stimulate the immune system and increase circulation of blood in the body. This allows the body to start healing naturally.
Many acupuncture points follow nerve routes, muscles, and connective tissue, acupuncture can be used to balance the nervous system, release tense muscles, and create a smoother blood flow in the body to decrease many types of conditions or discomfort in the body.
Studies have shown that by stimulating these specific points, the body can release tension associated with the muscles, but also endorphins that act as natural pain-killing chemicals, or affect serotonin levels – a brain transmitter that regulates mood.
Along with needling, other modalities can be incorporated into the treatment, such as:
- Cupping: fire cupping, stationary or slide cupping. Cupping is used to increase blood flow to an area and stretch the fascia and tissues surrounding muscles to release tension and increase healing.
- Gua Sha: Scraping of the skin using a smooth edged tool allows increased blood flow to the area. Great to release tension and break up scar tissue, and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Tui Na: A TCM therapeutic massage that uses many pinch and pull techniques with differing pressure and depth to create movement in the body. It is often paired with Cupping or Gua Sha.
- Electro-Stimulation: Placing electrodes on the inserted acupuncture needles to create an electric current through the needles. This modality further increases movement and blood flow to the area being treated, and can create an analgesic effect depending on the frequency. This modality is great for any muscle tension, muscle or tendon injury, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, sciatica, upper and lower back pain, TMJ.
- Moxabustion: Burning of a herbal leaf called mugwort. It is used to warm the body and meridians to create smoother blood flow and decrease stagnation. It is often used for chronic pain, gynecological concerns, and digestive issues.
Acupuncture Assessment and Treatment $100.00 (HST Exempt Service)
We've got answers.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about our clinic.